Re: ./altera_installer_gui: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libXi.so: undefined symbol: XESetWireToEventCookie

On Tuesday, 16. November 2010 12:01:58 Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> (Dropping the bug, it's archived.)
>
> Rainer Dorsch <rdorsch@web.de> (16/11/2010):
> > I run in the same issue with Quartus. Seems you understood and
> > solved the problem. Can you elaborate somewhat more why libx11.so is
> > outdated and where I can get a new one (running squeeze here).
>
> The package you have installed is OK. But some .so might still exist
> under /usr/local/lib or /usr/someX11stuff/. Please run ldd against the
> installer binary instead; I guess it might have some RPATH set to that
> directory, and might be responsible for picking up the supposedly
> obsolete libx11.so. (objdump $binary|grep RPATH)

Altera ships its own libX11.so.6 which is apparently incompatible. Deleting it
using the install procedure decribed here for ubuntu works well for Debian
Squeeze:

http://www.philpem.me.uk/elec/fpga/quartus-ubuntu/

Thanks,
Rainer