Re: ./altera_installer_gui: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libXi.so: undefined symbol: XESetWireToEventCookie

(Dropping the bug, it's archived.)

Rainer Dorsch <rdorsch@web.de> (16/11/2010):
> I run in the same issue with Quartus. Seems you understood and
> solved the problem. Can you elaborate somewhat more why libx11.so is
> outdated and where I can get a new one (running squeeze here).

The package you have installed is OK. But some .so might still exist
under /usr/local/lib or /usr/someX11stuff/. Please run ldd against the
installer binary instead; I guess it might have some RPATH set to that
directory, and might be responsible for picking up the supposedly
obsolete libx11.so. (objdump $binary|grep RPATH)

Mraw,
KiBi.