Re: compiz: new upstream version 0.9.2.1

Hi Cyril,

Thanks for responding to my mail.

I found some bugs in my packages and I'm sending just a debian
directory (not patch) in this mail. File debian/watch needs a
filenamemangle option, but it is not working for me...

I started with libcompizconfig packaging and others are in my todo
list. When I finish and do a minimal test on them, I'll send patches.

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Janos!
>
> Janos Guljas <janos@janos.in.rs> (14/11/2010):
>> I am interested in Debian packaging, and noticed that the compiz
>> packages are out of date. I believe that new version is bringing
>> some nice improvements and wanted to check them out.
>>
>> I started to work on packages. I read the git-usage manual on wiki
>> [1] and I am sending a patch for compiz package [2].
>
> Thanks for your interest!
>
>> I would like to contribute to all related packages and I will send
>> patches for all of them if maintainers (David Nusinow, Sean Finney
>> and Cyril Brulebois) have no objections. I am not a DD or DM, so I
>> would really appreciate reviews, comments, and suggestions.
>
> No objections at all. I'm just unsure I'm going to be able to review
> those patches since I'm only a “de facto” maintainer of compiz. I hope
> Sean is going to be able to review your work.
>
>> There are issues I did not do on purpose, like to rewrite
>> debian/copyright to be DEP-5 compatible and there is a lintian info:
>>
>>    I: compiz-core: arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 2213kB 68%
>>
>> that should be dealt with.
>
> Both of those are unimportant, don't spend too much time on it.
>
>> So, could someone check this patch and have time to review it?
>
> Sean, could you look into those?
>
>> P.S.
>> I am sending this email for the second time with David Nusinow, Sean
>> Finney and Cyril Brulebois in CC because the first mail did not
>> arrived in debian-x@l.d.o archive.
>
> That's strange and unfortunate. Could you please figure out what
> happened to your mail with listmasters?

I'll see. Probably was in spam... :)

> Mraw,
> KiBi.