Re: compiz: new upstream version 0.9.2.1

Hi Janos!

Janos Guljas <janos@janos.in.rs> (14/11/2010):
> I am interested in Debian packaging, and noticed that the compiz
> packages are out of date. I believe that new version is bringing
> some nice improvements and wanted to check them out.
>
> I started to work on packages. I read the git-usage manual on wiki
> [1] and I am sending a patch for compiz package [2].

Thanks for your interest!

> I would like to contribute to all related packages and I will send
> patches for all of them if maintainers (David Nusinow, Sean Finney
> and Cyril Brulebois) have no objections. I am not a DD or DM, so I
> would really appreciate reviews, comments, and suggestions.

No objections at all. I'm just unsure I'm going to be able to review
those patches since I'm only a “de facto” maintainer of compiz. I hope
Sean is going to be able to review your work.

> There are issues I did not do on purpose, like to rewrite
> debian/copyright to be DEP-5 compatible and there is a lintian info:
>
>    I: compiz-core: arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 2213kB 68%
>
> that should be dealt with.

Both of those are unimportant, don't spend too much time on it.

> So, could someone check this patch and have time to review it?

Sean, could you look into those?

> P.S.
> I am sending this email for the second time with David Nusinow, Sean
> Finney and Cyril Brulebois in CC because the first mail did not
> arrived in debian-x@l.d.o archive.

That's strange and unfortunate. Could you please figure out what
happened to your mail with listmasters?

Mraw,
KiBi.