Re: alioth repositories

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 17:30:03 +0100, Peter Baumann wrote:

> I'm not sure I remember correctly but I think I've read on the git
> mailinglist that doing this in a cronjob on a repo which is in active use
> (pushed to) isn't the best idea.
>
> It could be that my memory is just wrong and it was git-prune which is
> unsafe but I want to mention it before you screw your repo bigtime.

Right, thanks for the warning, I guess we'll have to wait for git 1.5 to
be available on alioth before doing the repacking automatically (it
seems the races in git-repack were fixed then).  Doing that from time to
time when nobody is pushing to the repos would still be a good idea, I
think.

Cheers,
Julien