Re: Mesa 6.4.2 and 6.5, Release Candidates

Hi Aaron,

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 03:01:07PM -0400, Aaron M. Ucko wrote:

 > backfires badly, yielding unusable binary packages.  In addition, the
 > new approach seems to be major overkill -- whereas 6.4.1-0.4 shipped
 > 349 files totalling ~7.6M, 6.4.2-1 ships 1060 files totalling ~18.3M.

 Ah, good points.

 I was trying to be cautious since I don't really understand which parts
 of Mesa are needed for the X bits build.  My guess is the rasterizer.

 My reason for nuking the list is that a) debian/changelog (or any other
 file for that matter) doesn't actually list criteria to include or
 exclude files from this package; b) file names and or locations have
 changed in 6.5 (wrt 6.4) and I rather ship too many files instead of
 too few.

 I just cut the list by some 500+ files (by removing the hardware DRI
 drivers).

 Thanks!

 Marcelo