problem building xserver-xfree86 package

Hi!

I finally been able to compile XFree-4.0.2, but it's not able to build
xserver-xfree86 package.

dh_shlibdeps [...]
dpkg: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so.7 not found
dpkg: /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1 not found
dpkg: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so.7 not found
dpkg: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so.7 not found

[...]

dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${shlib:Depends}
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${shlib:Depends}

[...]

parse error, in file debian/xserver-xfree86/DEBIAN/control near line 6
package 'xserver-xfree86': 'Depends' field, missing package name, or garbage
where package name expected

This line in 'control' looks like that:

Depends: xserver-common(>> 4.0), debconf(>= 0.0.26),

Maybe I could just erase this extra comma, but I guess there is something
more serious elsewhere. Could you help me? What is shlib?

BTW, I'm using potato with a 2.4.0 kernel.

Another question: is there a logfile where those errors are written?

\ Charles Brunet <brunet01@gel.ulaval.ca>
 \ Étudiant, génie informatique, Université Laval
  \ http://www.gel.ulaval.ca/~brunet01/

Hi, I'm a deadlk e-mail virus, please copk me into kour .signature
file to help me spread. :: Bonjour, je suis un dangereux virus. SVP
copiez-moi dans votre fichier .signature pour m'aider à me propager.
             -*- new version, Y2K compliant! -*-