Re: Please turn off automatic downloads when visiting the downloads page

On Fri, 2021-12-03 at 14:15 +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

> The "default" download is appropriate for the majority of people using
> Intel/AMD processors but not for others, yes.

FTR, I discussed this with the original author of the download page on
IRC and they are working on an update to the front page that will
provide an indicator of the download type (amd64 netinst but human
readable) plus links to other downloads and other releases. Later it
might be possible to use JavaScript to detect the user's platform.

> There is a prominent link for "other downloads", that will take
> you through to all the other architectures and there's always
> https://www.debian.org/CD/

That isn't present until after the automatic download has started.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise