Trouble with VM instalation

Good night.

My name is Guilherme and i'm having trouble installing the 32 bit desktop version of Debian on an oracle virtual machine (Oracle VM Virtualbox).

The iso runs normally until I hit the install button, where it froze the VM forcing me to restart it. I tried using the command line to boot manually using the commands I found on the iso archives, but the result was worse than expected, since it crashed the VM into oblivion.

Any suggestions on what to do? I'm running the VM on a ThinkPad T440P with 8gb of RAM and a Intel I5vPro processor.

Thanks in advance for your help!

--
Sincerely

Guilherme Neto