Re: Using urlcheck - how many broken links should we accept?

    > There are lots of websites that return error codes. There are still lots
    > where an http -> https substitution would solve a missing website.
I have no oppinion about that.

    > There are lots of apparent errors where, in fact, it's just a directory level
    > move - https://www-master.debian.org/build-logs/urlcheck/MailingLists
I still do not understand all the errors that are listed there.

    > For, for example, DPL nominations on debian-vote which list resume information
    > / university "stuff" - is it worth going to fix old links?

I would not fix any link on debian-vote pages. For me this is like an
archive of old discussions/votes and people will know that the old
links may not work any more.

    > I'm very wary of global search and replace through all of the webwml. How
    > much checking should we devote to seeing whether websites exist or still
    > resolve?
Sometimes people replace a broken link with a working link to
archive.org. I do not like that. I prefer removing broken links. And
often the content is also outdated, and removing it may be adequate.

--
viele Grüße Thomas