Re: Problem with new www.debian.org

On 12/24/2020 07:36 AM, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
Hello Richard,

Am 24.12.20 um 14:02 schrieb Richard Owlett:
I know graphics on homepages are currently popular.

*BUT* I find it much less useful that the old version.
I used the old version as an obvious index to the site.

and *what* in detail you find less useful?

About the only thing I ever used was the "mini-site-map" immediately below the second paragraph. The new page may have chain(s) of links to same content, but the old layout made the information available at a glance.

The image at https://bits.debian.org/ shows everything I used is clearly displayed in only ten lines.

I suggest a link to a site map directly below the search box at top of page.

P.S. My first programming course was ~60 years ago, so I am older than the target audience <grin>