Re: Wrong version of Chinese release note for jessie/stretch on website?

Hi,

Laura Arjona Reina <larjona@debian.org> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> El 1/6/20 a las 21:06, Boyuan Yang escribió:
> > Dear debian-www members,
> >
> > I heard of some discussion on debian-chinese-gb mailing list [1] that current
> > translated release notes (in Chinese) for Jessie and Stretch are not correct.
> >
> > As you can see in [2] and [3], these are all release notes for Buster, not
> > jessie or stretch.
> >
> > I haven't verify whether other languages are affected but this looks
> > worthwhile to get fixed. Where should I start to debug this issue?
> >

> Thanks for caring, Boyuan.
>
> Indeed, other languages are also affected. I have checked:
>
> * The txt files of release-notes of jessie in releases/jessie/amd64
> folder in www-master.debian.org: there are files built on 2020-06-01 for
> some languages, showing Debian 8, and some files built on 2020-06-15 (or
> 16, or 17), showing Debian 10.
>
> * For mips64el architecture, all the files were built on June 2019, and
> containing the wrong release notes (Debian 10).

The situation on www-master is like this:

There are several files from the release-notes in jessie and stretch, which
have old timestamps:
- in Jessie:
	- Catalan files from 2019
	- Dutch files from 2019
	- Chinese files from 2019
	- sparc arch files from 2014
	- mips64el arch files from 2019
	- kfreebsd-amd64 arch files from 2014
	- kfreebsd-i386 arch files from 2014
	- ia64 arch files from 2014

- in Stretch:
	- Chinese files from 2020-05-09
	- powerpc arch files from 2017
	- s390 arch files from 2017

All the files with an old file timestamp are files, which should not be there
in those directories at all:
- The build of Chinese has been activated in 2019 for example, Dutch in 2017,
  so there can't be such files for Jessie, which has been released in 2015.
- mips64el should not be listed in Jessie, that arch has been added with the
  release of Stretch.

That files are just leftovers from a somewhat broken build process of the release-
notes, which has been reported as
and fixed in June of 2019.

What is missing there, is removing the old, mis-placed files from www-master.

Long story short:
The "wrong version of Chinese release note for jessie/stretch" has to be
deleted, there will be no such translation anymore then.
(The same counts for several other files like Dutch too.)

Will do that shortly, if noone beats me there :-)

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076