Re: new Debian homepage: request for review

What is better on the new homepage:
 - Less links to very specific topics, they can go in sub-pages
 - More "modern" feeling

What is not as good as the previous homepage:
 - No short introduction sentence as to what Debian is (the previous
"Debian is a Free operating system...." was good - please don't remove
it.)
 - "The universal operating system" font in the banner (bad kerning)
 - Bad alignment (left column items don't align with the right column)
 - The slideshow pictures are not the same size hence on the first
image there are ugly white bars on top/bottom (and does it have to be
a slideshow?)
 - The icons are too large (main icons, and huge calendar icons). The
main icons are too close to the content/text.
 - I don't like the icon theme much (personal taste) - the choice for
each icon is also debatable (security is OK, the others... not so
much)
- Gray/black download button doesn't look so good
- Hovering the icons displaces everything on the page (try moving your
mouse randomly over the page, everyhting starts shaking)
- There is no link to documentation

I'd say the idea is good but it needs more polish

Thanks for your work