Re: Ailoth links need updated

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 7:12 AM Kathryn Tolsen wrote:

> It has come to my attention that all throughout our websites there are a number of remaining links to ailoth and ailoth mailing lists for example the packages.debian.org page for aptitude points to both an ailoth homepage and mailing list. The wiki entries any of us could fix, but these other pages not so much. We need to make some effort to update ailoth links with salsa or other appropriate links. Let me know if I can help somehow.

For individual packages, the maintainers will update the URLs when
they get around to moving from alioth to salsa or other locations. For
packages that are orphaned, anyone can move the packages and do QA
uploads updating the URLs. Of course packages in oldstable/stable
suites are unlikely to get updated just for the URL changes.

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch05.en.html#nmu-qa-upload
https://mentors.debian.net/sponsors/rfs-howto
https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

For the website, there are contribution instructions here:

https://www.debian.org/devel/website/
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Webmaster

For the wiki, everyone can of course update URLs that have a new
location somewhere else.

For other services, the services census indicates how to contribute to
most of them:

https://wiki.debian.org/Services

--
bye,