Re: english language release notes pdf file is not english (https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/release-notes.en.pdf)

Hi,

"Alan D. Salewski" <salewski@att.net> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> While browsing the "Debian 8 -- Release Notes" page[0] I found that the
> PDF file referenced[1] from the "English" link for the "64-bit PC
> (amd64)" architecture is not actually an English language document.
>
> That lead me to click around a bit more, and it seems that most (maybe
> all?) of the "English" links to PDF files on that page do not reference
> English language PDF files.
>
> The HTML and plain text "English" links /do/ lead to English language
> documents, so the problem seems to be limited to the PDF links.
>
> Thanks,
> -Al
>

> [0] https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/releasenotes
>
> [1] https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/release-notes.en.pdf

In fact, the english file is indeed english, but the headlines are
completely crippled. Normal text is fine.

That's a known problem. See

This mail made me think about the status of this ...

Norbert?

Best regards
Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.5.0 under
	D E B I A N   L I N U X   8 . 0   " J E S S I E " .