Re: question about sorting a long list

Hi,

Brad Bailey <bradboy@joplinservers.com> wrote:
> A question from the new guy:  I'm working on the todo of breaking up the
> consultants list by continent then by country.  Should I just re-arrange
> the entires into a list, ( see diagram ) or is there a different way it
> should be done?

first: thanks for helping on open issues here.

second: The topic you picked up from the todo list is nearly 12 years old, and
maybe there is noone here on the list anymore, who knows the detailed
circumstances behind this topic. That may explain the low interest on your
questions.

third: the consultants list was orphaned for a longer time.
Noone had much interest on maintaining the list. Because of that there is
probably not much interest on that topic you picked up, too.

fourth: some weeks ago, I have volunteered to spent some time on maintaining
the consultants list.
Which means there is a lot of work to do for me at the moment, and I would
appreciate, if there were no structural changes on the list now, at least
as long until I am done with the actual rush of work (which may last several
months from now on!).

> Asia (a name="asia")
>    *Foo (ul)
>      --> Company 1 (li)
>      --> Company 2
>    *Bar
>      --> Company 3
>      --> Company 4
> Europe
>    *Eggs
>      --> le Company 5
>

> Additional question that I'll have to ask next... since I don't have
> write permission, and nobody here knows me anyway, who do I send this
> file to so that it can be looked over then added back to the system?

I would propose, that you sent that files to this list.

Cheers
Holger

--
Created with Sylpheed 3.0.2