Re: Patch for consultants/info [Was: Re: Consultants list: new tag "contact" to provide a spam-free contact method]

Hi,

David Prévot <taffit@debian.org> wrote:
> Le 05/03/2013 05:57, Holger Wansing a écrit :
>
> > As "name", "company", "address", "phone" + "email" etc. are usually not
> > being translated at all,
>
> Right, as long as they are not translatable; IIRC, country name are
> accurately translated in address, using our country tag.
>
> > it comes down to "rates" and "additional information",
> > which is in English, and that's IMO how it should be indeed.
>
> OK for additional information, assuming it’s the (translatable) part
> showing up on its own page — remark that the original could be provided
> in whatever language, as long as an English translation is available.
> For rate, on the other hand, I disagree: units (e.g. “dollars per hour”)
> and the usual “contact us” should be translated. Some tags can be
> created for that.

1. I think it does not make sense to translate some parts for "Rates",
but others don't.

2. The question, if text in "Rates" should be translated or not, is not
the scope of this patch. The goal is: should the people, who request to
be added to the consultants list, provide the information for "Rates" in
English or in other language. (If we translate it afterwards or not is
irrelevant for those people.)

3. We will see, if someone volunteers for those improvements. As long as
such are not implemented, they should not be considered in text on the website.
If I remember how much people were interested in the consultants list in the
past, I would not bet on that to happen.

4. Remember the manpower available for the maintenance of the consultants list.
Don't put additional burden on that job.

Holger

--
Created with Sylpheed 3.0.2