Re: [Debian Wiki] Your wiki account data

On 04/01/13 11:50 AM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On 04/01/13 11:21 AM, Vikram Vincent wrote:
>> Why is the reset option going to the list instead of my personal mail?
>
> I'm 99.9% confident isn't***, i.e. only the From: (or Reply-To:) address
> is set to this mailing list so that if you reply to the email instead of
> just clicking on the URL as instructed (e.g. to get help if things go
> wrong,) you'll reach some real people who can help.
> *** I'm still waiting for my own password change mail to arrive to
> verify this.

Ah, after receiving my confirmation, I see now your confusion. The "To:"
header does indeed appear to be set, but it is not actually going to the
list. It is just going to you.

As for why it was set this way, I can't explain it. I agree it is
confusing. We'd probably have to ask the Moin developers why ...

Ben