Re: Translation statistics: new "diffstat" column

Hi,

Le 23/12/2011 18:20, Marcin Owsiany a écrit :
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 06:13:45PM -0400, David Prévot wrote:

>> Instead of relying on some JavaScript client side, I wonder if those
>> interesting data couldn't be shipped directly at build time. They will
>> thus be available even on non-JavaScript (or on JavaScript disabled)
>> clients, the source data will be picked only once (well, six time a day
>> to be honest, but only from www-master).
>
> Yes, there are obvious advantages to getting the data at build time, the
> reason I did not go that way was that I was afraid of the potential of
> overloading the CVS server by the website build process.  I don't know
> how much risk there is in fact, though.

We could keep a cache of the diff, so it will definitely be an
improvement. The cached files could be kept in a /tmp/ subdirectory so
they will be wiped once in awhile.

We could either keep the output of

	cvs diff -b -B -r$r1 -r$r2 english/$path

in a /tmp/diffcache/$path_$r1_$r2 file or even directly the needed data,
i.e the “egrep -c '^<'” and “egrep -c '^>'” output on that diff.

Regards

David