Re: Translation statistics: new "diffstat" column

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 06:13:45PM -0400, David Prévot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 31/07/2011 09:19, Marcin Owsiany a écrit :
> > On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 02:38:22PM +0100, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> >> I hope you find it useful. I've only tested it on my browser (Chrome
> >> 13), contributions to improve it are of course more than welcome.
> >
> > Sorry for the slightly off-the-thread reply, I'm not subscribed to
> > debian-www.
>
> Keeping you CC.
>
> Instead of relying on some JavaScript client side, I wonder if those
> interesting data couldn't be shipped directly at build time. They will
> thus be available even on non-JavaScript (or on JavaScript disabled)
> clients, the source data will be picked only once (well, six time a day
> to be honest, but only from www-master).

Yes, there are obvious advantages to getting the data at build time, the
reason I did not go that way was that I was afraid of the potential of
overloading the CVS server by the website build process.  I don't know
how much risk there is in fact, though.

regards,
--
Marcin Owsiany <porridge@debian.org>             http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216