Re: Explicit mention of normal CD for netinst images (Was: Modification du texte de netinst)

Hi,

Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> wrote:
> Joey Hess wrote:
> > Justin B Rye wrote:
> >> So it's got nothing to do with tiny CDs.  Probably the text here
> >> should mention the word "hd-media" instead...
> >
> > The tiny CDs its referring to are
> > http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/squeeze/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/mini.iso (16 mb)
>
> Look at that heading again: "Tiny CDs, USB sticks, etc."  If "Tiny
> CDs" is referring to an ISO file, what does it mean by "USB sticks"?
> The page persistently confuses hardware and software, making it sound
> as if you can't do netinsts off a DVD.
>
> And anyway... I don't get it.  Why is a 16MB ISO file more "suitable
> for USB Sticks and similar devices" than a 180MB one?
>
> A first step in the right direction would be to replace "CDs" with
> "CD-images" where it means that.

Shouldn't this discussion be held on debian-boot, to get the
debian-installer people involved?
(If a reorganisation of this sites and changing of nomenclature
takes place, there are most probably some information to sync
between the website and the installation manual and, for
example.)

Holger

--
Created with Sylpheed 3.0.2