Re: Add an extra item to the CD faq: write image to USB

On 12/09/11 05:52 AM, Luca Capello wrote:
> No flame, please, this is a fair question.
>
> On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 23:15:51 +0200, Holger Wansing wrote:
>> +<p>The most common way to copy an image to a USB flash drive is to
> ^^^^^ Are these informations the same for other Unixes, i.e. Debian
> GNU/kFreeBSD?  Then the above should be corrected to reflect that.

The most common way *is* to use a Linux machine. It's a bald statement
of fact. There is no need to complicate this statement for the sake of
inclusiveness.

> Please note that in any case I would correct that, we still call it
> Debian GNU/Linux and not simply Linux:

I know when we refer to Debian itself, we say "Debian GNU/Linux" or
simply "Debian". But I don't know what our editorial policy is when we
refer to Linux in the broadest sense. Do we really need to be this
pedantic here?

Ben