Re: Add an extra item to the CD faq: write image to USB

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 08:27:01PM BST, Holger Wansing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > * Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> [110908 18:01]:
> >
> > > +<toc-add-entry name="write-usb">How do I write a CD image to a USB flash drive?</toc-add-entry>
> > [..]
> >
> > It would be cool to also add some hints how that is done on non Linux
> > systems.
>
> Yes, that sounds reasonable to me IMHO.

I second.

> +   <a href="https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromImgFiles#Ubuntu";>.
> [...]
> +   href="https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromImgFiles#Windows";>.
> [...]
> +   href="https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromImgFiles#Mac_OS_X";>.

However, IMHO linking to Ubuntu web pages is not necessary.
This information is already there on Debian own ones[0][1][2].

[0] http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#record-unix
[1] http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#record-windows
[2] http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#record-mac

Regards,