Re: Quote usage in gettexted WML

Hi,

Le 01/09/2011 11:13, Jeroen Schot a écrit :
> On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 04:56:34PM +0200, David Prévot wrote:
>> Le 16/08/2011 11:35, Jeroen Schot a écrit :
>> […]
>>> I think the right solutions is to simply replace
>>> the single quotation marks with double quotation marks.
>>
>>> I have attached a patch that does this. I can commit it myself if
>>> there are no objections to it, but would be more confident if a
>>> regular committer would do this.
>>
>> Does your patch works ? I mean extracting the PO string *and* building
>> the resulting page (I would be surprised, in an happy way: I can
>> remember some headaches over there).
>
> Yes, I have tested it with the translation statistics, stattrans.pl
> + make in {english,dutch}/devel/website. No errors and the resulting
> pages look OK.

Indeed, extracting the PO strings isn't a problem (and they stay
verbatim), the headache was maybe while trying to extract the gettext
strings directly from the stattrans.pl file, but your patch doesn't
touch this file (thats probably why we ended up writing some of the
translatable strings in the template file anyway).

> This same format is already used in template/debian/wnpp.wml:

Indeed, I remember playing with this one too, so there is no more doubt
on my side anymore.

>> Anyway, a proper solution would be welcome here (if you've double
>> checked your patch, I'll test it too ;-).
>
> I have double checked the patch, so I would really appreciate it if
> you could test it.

I have no problem extracting the PO string locally, and can't notice any
issue in the generated stats pages (I had a quick look at every
translation, only http://www.debian.org/devel/website/stats/index.nl
doesn't present the translation of the “There are # pages to translate”,
since dutch/po/stats.nl.po is outdated, but you're probably already
aware of that, since you started this thread) either, and since I didn't
spot any error in the building either, I have no objection if you want
to commit your patch, assuming that Rhonda won't bite me (anyway, I
recently heard that “nothing can't be undone” in our geek world, so I
can't see any valid reason to stop you any longer).

Regards

David