Re: Problem with several descriptions

2011/7/2 Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org>:
> Quoting Martijn van Oosterhout (kleptog@gmail.com):
>> On 1 July 2011 05:07, Martin Eberhard Schauer <Martin.E.Schauer@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Well, the problem is somewhere else. Because in the DDTP it's fine and
>> in the archive too:
>>
>> ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/i18n/Translation-de.bz2
>>
>> Download it and see, the translation is there. Why it's not on the
>> website I have no idea, I have no idea where the website gets its data
>> from. I have no idea who to ask about that. You could try filing a bug
>> with the website? Are there more descriptions with this problem?
>

> debian-www mailing list is the appropriate place to talk about the
> website.
>
> (-www folks, this originates from a bugreport against the
> i18n.debian.net virtual package about "sup" package description not
> showing up (I guess in packages.d.o) in German while it is translated
> in the DDTP

The package lynx has a similar problem: the german translation had a
typo (lync-cur instead of lynx-cur), but it was fixed since then. The
fix shows up in the Translation-de.bz2[1] but again not at the
website. It seems that new translations are not transferred to the
website if the original description stays the same.

So my guess is, that the script/service is only checking the value of
"Description-md5" in the Translation-de.bz2 file and not seeing any
change in the translation itself, once it's translated.

Erik

[1] ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/i18n/Translation-de.bz2