Debian Mirror List

This email is a re-send of an earlier email that due to a power trip, do not know if it was really send out.

--

I am currently in Singapore and have to update my sources.list. The original mirror used was too slow.

Looking at mirror list provided by Debian mirror listing (http://www.debian.org/mirror/list) , I've found only one available mirror in Singapore (mirror.nus.edu.sg).

This mirror isn't really very fast.

However, googling more, I've found another mirror (mirror.averse.net) which is many times faster.

Question
 - is it safe to use this mirror?
 - if yes, why is this mirror not reflected in the mirror list
 - how can the mirror list be updated so that those in this region knows of this mirror and can benefit from it.

Thanks in advance for the advise.

Mich