Re: debianuserforums.org - new debian support forum

Hello Jon,

Thanks for getting back to me so soon.

This is the thread at forums.debian.net announcing the new forum and it's intentions/founding principles: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=60387

This thread probably triggered it all: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59842

This is the kind of thing that has further polarised the whole situation: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=60726

The main issue is that a muli-account troll was allowed to run riot on the board while decent users were given warnings for telling the truth:

Mez and some of the rest of the staff have clearly taken the authoritarian approach. We're Debian users and supporters of GNU/Linux and the ideologies behind it - most of us are adults, so understandably this rubs us up the wrong way. We have voted with our feet and opted to create a new board. It's early days yet and we need all the help we can get - thus why I have asked that a link be put up on the main debian site.

We've accepted that arguing/reasoning with the .net administration is a losing battle, so we've decided to simply "vote with our feet" and would be much obliged for this if you could help us out with a link so that debian users can find us and have the choice between debianHELP, forums.debian.net and debianuserforums.org.

Many thanks in advance

debianuserforums.org Administration Team

Quoting Jon Dowland <jmtd@debian.org>:

Hi,