Re: logo license with debian - no warranty missing?

Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda@deb.at> writes:

>  On #debian-www "will" raised concerns that there might be issues with
> respect to our logo license for including the debian lettering. It
> doesn't contain a warranty waiver, and given that we publish svg
> images which could contain potential harmful scripting (from will's
> interpretation, not sure if that actually is possible or if there is
> some sandbox involved?) this might be considered an issue.

This does seem to be a valid concern. The SVG standard allows for
documents to contain executable code for animation with ECMAScript
<URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/animate.html#DOMAnimationExample>.

So that at least makes it plausible that an SVG image could contain
dangerous code.

>  Is this something we should change? Not worry about? "Much Ado Nothing"?

I think it would be prudent to add a warranty disclaimer like those
found in Expat license terms or similar.

--
 \            “… Nature … is seen to do all things Herself and through |
  `\         herself of own accord, rid of all gods.” —Titus Lucretius |