Re: FYI & RFC: bug categorising

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 04:25:37PM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> Today I fiddled around a bit with the BTS, and this is what I managed:
> <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=www.debian.org&ordering=www-sort>
[..]
> bts user www.debian.org@packages.debian.org . usertag 1234 + packages
[..]
>  I haven't enabled this view as default because I'm not too sure what
> others might think about it, and also because I don't think that this is
> the final call.

As mentionned in IRC, uncategorized bugs should be displayed first.
That's what QA does using 'Cat1Order: N X Y Z...' with N the index of
Uncategorized (that's what I see from BTS spool, I don't understand how
to get this configuration inside the BTS).

> For first, I'm not sure if "packages.debian.org related bugs" might be
> the best catchy phrase (but that's minor details).

"Browsing packages at packages.debian.org [packages]"

And since we didn't found yet the proper way to retrived current
configuration:
merkel:/srv/bugs.debian.org/spool/user/6/www.debian.org%40packages.debian.org
or using rsync: bugs-mirror.debian.org::bts-spool-index

>  More importantly I think it might make sense to use more categories,
> but I haven't found ones that catch a fair bit to be really helpful
> instead of just stretching the entry part.

Split bugs about content or design/CSS ?

An option is to add tag for directories, ex./News or /security/
r /CD/ or /Bugs/.

> I would have thought of wiki related bugs, but those are already in
> their own pseudo package (mostly because that requires totally
> different permissions anyway), so we can reassign them. Is there
> anything similar related that I am missing? The DDP maybe? Most of
> those pages have their own real package to reassign bugs to ...

Some of these bugs may be related more to the way it is published (for
example how the filenames from packages or SVN map to content-negocation
requirements).
So IMO I think a /doc/ tag would be useful.

--
Simon Paillard