Re: svn or cvs on the website

* Jon Dowland <jon+debian-www@alcopop.org> [2009-09-14 12:26:37 CEST]:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 04:59:32PM +1000, Craig Small wrote:
> >   I was trying to see where the current state of some
> >   files were and noticed we have (at least) two version
> >   control systems going on here.
>
> Is now a good time to move to git? :-)
>
> (sorry)

 If you can make the translation support framework work with git you are
completely my guest. I still try to update [1] regularly[2] through
git-cvsimport. ifvoid did the hard work to go through the specific tools
to make them unified and put a wrapper module into Perl/Local/VCS.pm and
the real specific parts into Perl/Local/VCS_CVS.pm. If you can produce a
VCS_Git.pm (or CVS_YourOwnKinkyVCS.pm) that works switching is cheap.

 Please notice that git loses its great benefit of speediness with a
history like webwml quite a lot, and some translators might be
interested in a submodule workflow for only tools + english + their
language.

 So long!
Rhonda

[1] <http://git.debian.org/?p=users/alfie/webwml.git;a=summary>
[2] I was on VAC for a bit so there wasn't any updates for the last two
weeks pushed.