Re: Open Source Press / No Starch Press as Debian Partner

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 08:35:48AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Matt Kraai <kraai@ftbfs.org> [2009.09.18.0624 +0200]:
> > I appreciate their contributions to the project, but according to
> > http://www.debian.org/partners/partners (that's a weird URL),
> > "Donations to the Debian project do not qualify an organization
> > for Partner status."  Please see that page for more information on
> > how these publishers could become partners.
>
> Who makes these rules and on what basis? They seem to completely
> miss the point. Now we have Black Cat Networks providing "domain
> registration services" and Linux Central offering CDs (I've never
> seen one such CD at a conference) prominently listed with logos and
> paragraphs, but two publishers that have donated over 20k in the
> last four years do not get a mention?
>
> I also doubt that there's a CD vendor generating these amounts for
> Debian.
>
> I appreciate that there are rules, but those rules may well be
> inadequate for this situation.
>
> Where can we go from here?

I'd suggest contacting partners@debian.org with your concerns.  If
that isn't satisfactory, I'd fall back to the DPL.  The web team isn't
(IMO) the right group to be making these kinds of decisions.

--
Matt Kraai                                           http://ftbfs.org/