Re: Open Source Press / No Starch Press as Debian Partner

also sprach Matt Kraai <kraai@ftbfs.org> [2009.09.18.0624 +0200]:
> I appreciate their contributions to the project, but according to
> http://www.debian.org/partners/partners (that's a weird URL),
> "Donations to the Debian project do not qualify an organization
> for Partner status."  Please see that page for more information on
> how these publishers could become partners.

Who makes these rules and on what basis? They seem to completely
miss the point. Now we have Black Cat Networks providing "domain
registration services" and Linux Central offering CDs (I've never
seen one such CD at a conference) prominently listed with logos and
paragraphs, but two publishers that have donated over 20k in the
last four years do not get a mention?

I also doubt that there's a CD vendor generating these amounts for
Debian.

I appreciate that there are rules, but those rules may well be
inadequate for this situation.

Where can we go from here?

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit."
                                                             -- seneca