Re: Local support on support-page

Gerfried Fuchs schreef:
> * Paul van der Vlis <paul@vandervlis.nl> [2009-09-07 17:11:48 CEST]:
>> Gerfried Fuchs schreef:
>>> * Paul van der Vlis <paul@vandervlis.nl> [2009-09-07 12:59:38 CEST]:
>>>  Well, the English page probably should hold some hint with respect to
>>> localized support areas; if you have a suggestion for such an addition
>>> it could get added. Something like about localized debian-user-* lists
>>> (where available) would be useful, I guess.
>> Maybe with some kind of a HTML comment in the english page?  e.g.:
>>
>> <!-- If it excists for your localisation:
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-$YOURLANG/ ">here</a>.</p>
>>  -->
>
>  Please rather use some wml comments, not html comments, like starting
> off with # so it doesn't appear in the final html page. :)  But yes,
> that's a good path and encourages translators actively through the file.
> I think this is done in some areas already...

My first goal is to get the mailinglist debian-user-dutch on the Dutch
support site. The site-maintainer refused to add the list on the Dutch
site without a discussion in debian-www@lists.debian.org and
debian-i18n@lists.debian.org about it. I hope he will add the
mailinglist now, but maybe I have to wait a few days for other comments...

Changing the support-site structure was not my direct intention, I don't
have the time at the moment to study the site, and I am not a web
developper.

But maybe it's still a good idea!

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.