Re: Debian Wiki : French translators ?

Hello,

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 10:55:55AM +0100, frazck wrote:
> 2009/1/16 Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be>
> >
> > There is no such team (yet). However the following persons have been
> > active translating/contributing to the French wiki for a while.
[...]
> > This is the appropriate list for talking about the wiki (and it is
> > preferred to use this mailing list, rather that wiki /Discussion pages).
> >
> > > debian-l10n-french is the list where french localization happens.
> > > http://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-french/
[...]
> Thanks a lot for your answers.
> I am ok for your suggest about categories naming.
> About a team : you said "no such team (yet)". You have informations
> when a team will be created ?

(Please avoid top-posting, it's not that easy to follow)

Actually, because of kind of lack of wikis for translating purposes,
it happens that no one out of the debian-l10n-french contributors was
interested in coordinating/translating wiki.debian.org.

l10n team aims at gathering all the efforts for localisation: website,
documentation, debconf, software, .. including wiki.

So there is no "need" to create an official "$lang wiki team". I
encourage people interessted in translating wiki to $lang to join
debian-l10n-$lang.

Indeed, that would allow everybody to share their translation experience
and ease proofread and so on.

http://debian.org/intl/
http://debian.org/intl/french

Best regards,