Re: Debian Wiki : French translators ?

Hello,

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 00:50 +0100, Simon Paillard wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 12:27:50AM +0100, frazck wrote:
> > Is there any french tranlators of the Debian Wiki ? Because i have some
> > questions.

There is no such team (yet). However the following persons have been
active translating/contributing to the French wiki for a while.
 http://wiki.debian.org/EricVeirasGalisson
 http://wiki.debian.org/SalokineTerata
 http://wiki.debian.org/LukaszSzybalski

> > Thanks a lot for your answers and sorry if this is not the good list to post
> > this message

This is the appropriate list for talking about the wiki (and it is
preferred to use this mailing list, rather that wiki /Discussion pages).

> debian-l10n-french is the list where french localization happens.
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-french/

The current practice about translating the wiki is explained in:
 http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWiki/EditorGuide
However, wikis don't provide a proper infrastructure for translating
pages. The way things should work is that the master page should be
written in English only, then "the tool" should allow the translator to
know which pages needs updated translation, etc... The l10n team can
explain it further.

Regarding the discussion we started privately, the page naming
convention is that page localized pages are name like "fr/WiFi".
Since categories must start with the word "Category", I suggest
CategoryFrEvents, rather than CategoryEventsFrench (which would be very
confusing pages related to countries or languages, like
CategoryEventsFrance translated as CategoryEventsFranceFrench ??)

Franklin

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWiki/TranslationNamespace