Re: updated Hebrew translation for Debian Social Contract.

Hi Oz,

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 09:45:05PM +0200, Oz Nahum wrote:
> >* The title ("The Universal Operating System") isn't translated
>
> because it's not in index.wml, it's probably in one of the po files. I'll
> look were.

the first line of the homepage contains:
#use wml::debian::mainpage title="The Universal Operating System"

This is in hebrew/index.wml.

> >Once you translated social_contract.wml I suggest to also translate
> >social_contract.1.1.wml as this is very, very similar (and improves your
> >statistics :-)

I wonder about social_contract.1.1.wml and social_contract.wml in
english/. They are currently (except HTML tags) identical. I thought
social_contract.wml should contain the current version and
social_contract.X.Y.wml contains the older version X.Y. Strange ...
(That's not related to your translation work.)

> >The comment "#This page is ../hebrew/index.he.wml" should be removed
> >as it is wrong
>
> What's wrong in creating an I.D to the file in a comment ? I did this
> because you said:
> >Please specify the file you translated!

In the emails in which you request commits not in the file content :-)

> and so I did. I can change it, but I think it's good for other translators
> if they join me, or in case I'm quiting for some reason or another.

You don't have to change it, it's a comment and you can write whatever
you want. It's just not necessary (as the file can be found in CVS and
is associated to a fixed path). Also the source file is named
"index.wml" and not "index.he.wml" (the generated HTML file is named
index.he.html).

> But I want to finish the major pages before lenny is released.
>
> Sorry for the mess I'm causing and all the noise in the mailing list :-) I'm
> usually more organised...

Don't worry about this. I just assume that you want a good translation
that's why I try to also report minor issues such as the
untranslated title. It's all minor stuff but this also means you can fix
in during seconds.

> This time it's the correct file,
> /hebrew/social_contract.1.1.wml

Thanks, committed.

Please note that nevertheless nearly all links to this document refer to
$(HOME)/social_contract and *not* to $(HOME)/social_contract.1.1. Since
both documents are nearly identical I suggest you send us
social_contract.wml as well.

Jens