Re: Options changed in check_trans.pl

Hi Hans!

You wrote:

> > You're totally right, I forgot to implement a few of the old options.
> > -Q (be really quiet) and -l (show log entries) should now work (although I
> > should mention that the combination really doesn't make sense, as all the logs
> > are redirected to /dev/null if you specify -l and -Q).
> [cut]
>
> Just for the record: You have changed the behavior of -Q. (I'm not
> saying that this is bad, but it will force people to update their cron
> jobs/scripts.)

Hmm, I see.  Still, I don't think "being really quiet" means outputting
lots of cruft and logs.  Does it really matter for you if it outputs the
names of the files that have changed?  Because if it doesn't you could
just use -q instead.

> > Also note that the output of the script might have (slightly) changed.
> > I've tried to make it clearer and more userfriendly, using colours to
> > distinguish the different statusses of files, but please let me know if
> > that poses any problems.  Of course, the rewritten script probably also
> > has other bugs;  please let me know if you encounter one.
>
> Well, currently it doesn't send me any e-mails. I'm using
>
> ./check_trans.pl -q -m 'nordhaug@[...]' -l -d
>
> and it only prints the result to stdout. (Earlier -Q was included
> in the above command, but that gives nothing as you mentioned above.)

Ah!  I think I misunderstood how -m worked in the old script.
Currently, -m only sends mails to the translators defined in
<lang>/international/<lang>/translator.db.pl, but you seem to want it to
send all the mails to the specified address, right?

Actually, I'm pretty sure this didn't work with the old script either.
You need at least to set an -n option.

--
Kind regards,
Bas Zoetekouw.