Re: problem while installing the debian linux

On Thu,18.Sep.08, 14:57:17, Mohd Aehtesham Malik wrote:
> Hello sir/madam,
>
> With due respect, this is mohammad aehtesham malik, an post graduate
> student….
>
> I had downloaded the debian linux from internet. Now the problem arrises as
> how to write that download into a dvd i.e. how to make debian linux
> installable….
>
> I had write the linux into dvd using the nero software, but when I selects
> the first boot devices as cd-rom and starts installation…the installation
> will not get started….instead the OS present into the harddisk i.e. the
> windows xp will start booting….
>
> Please suggest me how to make bootable linux dvd from the downloaded debian
> linux data….

Hello,

This list is dealing only with the website of Debian, the debian-user
list (in Cc) is better suited for support. I also Cc'd you as I didn't
know if you are subscribed or not.

As for your question, read this first

http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#record-windows

If you still have problems search the archives of the debian-user list

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/

or write to debian-user@lists.debian.org

Regards,
Andrei