Re: Hebrew Translation for Debian About Page

Hi,

Well, I will read trough the devel/website pages.
And yes I do inteand to do some long term work on this. The reason I started this little project is because I felt this project is not well accessed by hebrew users and unfortunately there are only 3 active hebrew developers.
I intened to help them as much as I can. To be able to do that, I needed to read all the debian documents. I decided to start from the beginning and while reading the first page (about debian) I decided to translate it.
It'll probably take a few months before I complete this project. I decided to spent not more than 20 min. a day because I have a Master's thesis to submit. But in the mean while I started.

So, can I send you the html and css files ?
Where do I apply for an acount (I guess the answer is among those pages, but if you could save me some reading I'll translate a little bit more - eventually I'll read and translate it, but it'll take some time :-) ).

Thanks again, Oz

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Tommi Vainikainen <thv@iki.fi> wrote:
"Oz Nahum" <nahumoz@gmail.com> writes:
> I have created a translation to the above page. What do I need to do so it
> will be cheefuly joined to the current translation?

Hi,

currently there is no pages in Debian website translated to Hebrew. This
means starting new translation. Of course single page translations can
be added to the website, but more useful and better in long-term would
be having translation coordinator for Hebrew, who would make sure that
translations are kept up to date when originals (English) are updated.

All these processes are documented at http://www.debian.org/devel/website/

If you (or someone else) are willing to contribute more translations,
you can/should also apply for CVS account to check-in translations by
yourself. Until you have an account, your translation contributions can
be checked in by someone else (for example I can do it).

Please tell us publicly if you have any long-term intentions, and I can
also add your translations to CVS if you send those to me even if I
don't probably understand most of the words. :)

--
Tommi Vainikainen