Re: conversion to subversion

Hi,

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 23.03.2008, 15:09 +0100 schrieb Bas Zoetekouw:
> > Together with Raphaël Hertzog, I've been working on coverting the webwml
> > repository to Subversion for a little while now.
>
>  How much in size does a subversion checkout increase compared to an cvs
> checkout? It's a bit more than double the size, right?

CVS is 320 Mb, svn is 800 Mb.

And since off-line operation is important to you, that's the price you
pay to have an off-line diff. But you save quite a lot of time while
reviewing your changes before committing them.

>  But I have one specific question that I hope you can answer right ahead
> because you said you worked on all the scripts, too: Does
> translation-check still work as expected? That is, in connection with
> the mindelta/maxdelta messages? Does this also work offline or does it
> require to be online to be able to build a webpage?

Any such meta-information can be updated daily through a cron script
on Alioth and the result be stored in a real file within the repository
so that it's readily available during the build and no net-access is
needed.

Furthermore, we could vastly improve the usefulness of mindelta/maxdelta
if we decided to base it on percentage of original content that changed
instead of on number of changes.

> And would PeterK's script to purge aged outdated pages be easily
> adaptable to that?

I don't know this script but I don't see why not.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog