Re: Weird language changes on packages.debian.org

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 02:46:15PM +0100, John Halton wrote:
> When browsing packages.debian.org today, the wrong language keeps
> getting displayed. The package-specific text is still in English, but
> the template elements are displayed in the wrong language (usually
> either German or Japanese, by the looks of things). Hitting "refresh"
> then clears the problem, as the page reloads in the correct language.
>
> I've not yet been able to try this from a different computer system,
> but it applies on both Firefox and Int*n*t Expl*r*r here on my work
> system.
>
> Not a major problem from my POV, but just thought I'd let you know in
> case there is a bug at your end.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Turns out that setting global environment variables
in a process that serves multiple different clients with conflicting
language preferences at the same time is not such a good idea...

Anyway, the translations are disabled for now until I move the l10n to a
catalog based implementation.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>