Re: packages.debian.org development (git.d.o repo, etc.)

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 09:04:52AM +0300, Tommi Vainikainen wrote:
> I noticed that Finnish translations (po files) are not updated for some
> time. I think that also many other translators need very detailed
> instructions on how to really make commits there, as git seems to
> require a bit different commands etc. (I've used earlier CVS,
> Subversion, and bzr, but still this git seems to follow somewhat
> different logic especially w.r.t. branches.)
>
> Thus can you give a quite detailed instructions on for example updating
> po files in the git repository? Maybe this stuff should be documented
> even on the website, as there is already info on using CVS

I guess a general "Git for translators" guide would be useful, yeah.
Will try to come up with something.

Raphael Hertzog has already started to write something like this for
dpkg, see
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Dpkg/GitUsage#head-9345012c6f5bb7f5ac52e39ca3e30d58d828fa6f
Maybe that would be a good starting point.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/