Re: Search box and http://search.debian.org

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 09:33:59AM +0200, Wojciech Zareba wrote:
> > I still think it could do the job, the problem is not so much the
> > software (though there are some problems with it, more limitations
> > really) but hardware. Whatever we use, its going to get thumped.
>
> But why, I don't understand it. Hardware is only hardware, it should work when
> it has only the power.
I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

To clarify, whatever software is used to index and search for the Debian
website is going to come under a pretty high load and needs to be
suitable to the task.  That has been the limitation before. I'm not
sufficiently up with our current Debian machine list to know if this is
still the case.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au