Re: Linden Lab (Second Life) using Debian

Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> wrote:
> Offering a patch doesn't always make a difference to the web team,
> apparently - #325698 is open for 1y207d without one single comment.

I think that may have been because:

1. the patch is inline in the message body, yet inside a PGP/MIME mail
text part, so neither the whole mail nor the patch part can be piped
to my patch-handling tools simply; and

2. it doesn't apply cleanly to the cvs revision 1.47 of the file that
the diff header seems to claim - are you sure the patch was clean?

In short, that patch was unnecessarily fiddly to handle and probably
got little response from the web team because we start to doubt our
patch-handling tools, rather than someone who seems as smart as you.

I've salvaged the Collax and Damn Small Linux parts and committed them.
The rest looks obsoleted by later changes to me.  Closing the bug report.

Hope that helps,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.