Re: license [was Re: Doubts and Ideas]

Josip Rodin <joy@entuzijast.net> wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 06:23:44PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > In any event, to resolve this issue completely
>
> While we're at it. Since we obviously have time-related issues with the
> complete solution :) can someone suggest an alternate phrasing for /license
> that would not be false? How do we reference webwml committers as a group
> without the reference being legally invalid?

I think we reference them as "original authors and copyright holders"
or similar. The committing is not really significant for copyright, is
it?

Suggested phrasing:

Copyright 1997-2006 <a
href="http://cvs.debian.org/?root=webwml";>original authors and
copyright holders</a> and published by <a
href="http://www.spi-inc.org/";>Software in the Public Interest,
Inc.</a>, P.O. Box 501248, Indianapolis, IN 46250-6248, United States.
This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions
offered by the original authors [optional addition if we have a
required licence: or under the terms of ...]

Debian and the debian logo are trademarks of [...]

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef