Re: Doubts and Ideas

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>  If the license is free, we need not be changing it at all, either
>  now nor in the future.

We'd have to revisit it in cases where works in the website which we
would like to combine are under different, conflicting free licenses.

> Indeed, if the initial license is free, there should be nxo reason
> for Debian to ever change the licensing away from the free license,
> so it being Hard to do is irrelevant.

It wouldn't be necessary to change away, but it could become necessary
to add additional licenses. The more liberal the licences granted, the
less of a problem this would be.

> The web site is a collection of aggregated works; so I don't see the
> need to even have the same free license at all.

The works are often combined, and many parts of the website have
multiple different contributors. We have to be able to distribute the
resulting works, so whatever licensing scheme we come up with has to
be compatible.

Don Armstrong

--
UF: What's your favourite coffee blend?
PD: Dark Crude with heavy water. You are understandink? "If geiger