Re: Doubts and Ideas

On Wed, 30 May 2007, Josip Rodin wrote:
> It's unlikely that our web pages have much content for which there
> isn't prior art, or simply common knowledge.

Prior art isn't an issue, since it's not patented.

In any event, to resolve this issue completely all that we need is 1)
a GPG signed email from every contributor saying that they either
assign copyright of their contributions to SPI or give SPI a
non-exclusive royalte-free license to do with the copyright work as
they see fit 2) a directive from the DPL to SPI to license the work
under GPL (or MIT/Expat or whatever -www decides.)

#1 should probably be made a part of the proceedure that is followed
when you get commit access to the cvs, and #2 is simply a matter of
e-mailing leader@ once -www decides which licence.

The legal verbiage for #1 we can just borrow from the FSF; if there
aren't any serious objections I could even embark on getting these
messages from contributors.

Don Armstrong