Re: Doubts and Ideas

Josip Rodin <joy@entuzijast.net> wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 05:51:25PM +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:
> > - Debian-legal says that the website license (OPL) not DFSG-free (see
> >   http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/message/20040312.160816.9f618d1f.html)
>
> This is the same thing as with the logo licenses... in reality, nobody
> cares, because the web site isn't part of the Debian system.

Meanwhile, in real reality, people keep putting it into debian
packages - directly, or indirectly through wallpapers and artwork and
so on - because they expect debian project materials to be under
licences accepted in the debian system; and it hinders us fixing other
licensing bugs because it is used (incorrectly) in accusations of
hypocrisy.  We should care about this as a way to avoid a whole class
of bugs and help with fixing another class, so spending less time on
bloody licensing bugs.

Regards,
--
MJR/slef