Re: Problem with menu and navbar in French translation of the main page

* Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> [2007-04-30 17:48]:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 05:18:02PM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>> * Ingrid Fuchs <alfie@ist.org> [2007-04-30 16:04]:
>>  There doesn't seem to be any big5 locale - is generating one of the
>> others sufficient?  Which one?  Should the .wmlrc and/or the translated
>> files be updated/converted?
>
> Chinese source code is converted into all three dialects:
> zh_CN.GB2312
> zh_HK.Big5-hkscs
> zh_TW.Big5

 I know.  That doesn't though define what the files should be in and/or
what locale file it depends on the system - which I expect someone from
the chinese team to be able to help with and why I Cc'ed the former mail
to all of them.

> I'm not sure whether these are required for build but I suggest to
> create these as well.

 That's why I Cc'ed them in my former mail, guesswork I can do on my
own, thanks.  :)

> PS: Don't forget to restart the build of the website, maybe after
> touching all files?!

 It will eventually be rebuilt anyway like I mentioned, there's a full
build run at least once a week, and as I'm not in the webmaster team I
can't trigger it myself.

> Why is the locales file cleared? Did someone upgraded www-master or
> happened a new install?

 No idea - a question most propably better aimed at the DSA team and not
the -www list, if you like.

> In this case many packages for DDP (Vietnamese LaTeX, ...) will be
> missing probably as well.

 Can you check beforehand if that is true before bothering the DSA team?
It's quite frustrating with being bothered about false positives at
times...

 So long,
Alfie
--
    It can lead to curious half translated messages, but say that to python
    locale handling that is completely braindead.