Re: Problem with menu and navbar in French translation of the main page

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 05:18:02PM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Ingrid Fuchs <alfie@ist.org> [2007-04-30 16:04]:
>  And the guess was right, the locale file was almost empty besides
> english...
>
>  That should be most - some locales though still yield problems:
>
>  From chinese/.wmlrc:
> -D CUR_LOCALE=zh_CN
> -D CHARSET=big5
>
>  From locale:
> $ grep zh_CN /usr/share/i18n/SUPPORTED
> zh_CN.UTF-8 UTF-8
> zh_CN.GB18030 GB18030
> zh_CN.GBK GBK
> zh_CN GB2312
>
>  There doesn't seem to be any big5 locale - is generating one of the
> others sufficient?  Which one?  Should the .wmlrc and/or the translated
> files be updated/converted?

Chinese source code is converted into all three dialects:
zh_CN.GB2312
zh_HK.Big5-hkscs
zh_TW.Big5

I'm not sure whether these are required for build but I suggest to
create these as well.

The .wmlrc file is OK, it cannot contain all three encodings but only
one.

PS: Don't forget to restart the build of the website, maybe after
touching all files?!

Why is the locales file cleared? Did someone upgraded www-master or
happened a new install? In this case many packages for DDP (Vietnamese
LaTeX, ...) will be missing probably as well.

Jens